David Downton

I know that everybody assumes that fashion is just designer has an idea, gets somebody else to make it, gets it recognised on the catwalk and BAM they're a billionaire. But its not like that and fashion is not just about clothes.
I have come across David Downton.

David Downton has visited endless amounts of  couture catwalks in Paris over the years and has shown his respect and admiration for Christian Dior by quickly sketching his garments as they come down the catwalk and later developing them into sketches to create art pieces.


Comments

  1. I've just been researching David Downton for a post on my own blog and was looking for images and one brought me straight to your blog, how funny! I hadn't realised you'd done a post on him, I think he's such an amazing fashion illustrator, his sketches are so beautiful. xx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Christmas Party Outfit Blogger Challenge

Bits 'n' Bobs

An Education on Fashion