Money vs Style

As I sit here next to my best friend searching Amazon for a cheap pot of OPI muppets collection I can't help but wonder if having more money makes it easier to be more stylish? 
Think about it.....

Being a student means I am poor 99% of the time apart from my birthday or Christmas. Luckily for me it is my 21st birthday on Sunday and therefore had the luxury of having over 200 pounds to spend on of course clothes! Although I wanted my Mulberry Bayswater for my birthday I was EVEN more over joyed to unwrap my beautiful Michael Kors rose gold watch off my parents. (partly because it is extremely shiny) but mainly because this is the first truly expensive item I have really owned. The first thing I know I will keep for the rest of my life. 

So does money make you more stylish?

Look at celebrities, they are always the ones captured and photographed for the style pages of magazines, so why not photograph normal people? I know that people are not really interested in those "normal" people and what they're wearing but its not really fair to make us normal folk to feel like we aren't as stylish as those with money.

For example
Olivia Palermo - Did we know how stylish she was before she was famous? Or was she just not stylish at all until she became one of the stars of the City working for Elle? 



She is by far one of my favourite style icons and possibly one of the most sought after fashion icons by everyday people. But at some point in her life she was simply a nomal girl trying to work in fashion. So does the fact that she now has money behind her mean that it is easier for her to look this stylish? I think it does!

I am happy enough spending my birthday money in Topshop but I am more of a quantity than quality kind of girl, but I know if I had all the money in the world I would definitley want to dress like Miss Palermo!

xoxo

Comments

  1. Great post. From one student to another, I totally understand where you are coming from with the lack of moneyy for fabulous things we see everyday in magazines and blogs. :( boo.

    xx
    M.E.

    http://mindyerazo.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Considering Olivia styles herself, it does go to show that you can be stylish without the money. Most celebs pay people to make them look good, but us students have to do it ourselves!
    Great post. I am feeling the skintness of being a student right now, patiently awaiting my next loan installment!
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sorry girls you left these comments ages ago! It's been playing up and I've only just seen them now! Best late than never!

    Student fashion is deffinitley one of the hardest things to balance out! Save money or buy clothes?! lol

    xxx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Seth Cohen was my first love

Next festive competition