A fashion feeling

Sorry I've been a bit quiet on the post front lately, I've been drowning in uni work! I say that sat surrounded by fashion history books but we can look over that!
SO I have spent the last 3 days stalking Asos and Warehouse waiting to fall in love with something enough to buy. Then i realised, what is it exactly that's stopping me from buying everything I like? I mean yes, I am a poor student but in my mind if a girl can spend her invisible money at the age of 21 and not really worry about it... why the hell shouldn't she! Also throw in the argument I continuously use to my parents of "I'm a fashion student I have to look right" and I have a magical combination!
Yesterday after hours and hours my mum came up to me and simply said "Unless you really really love it, don't buy it" - Wise words.
So of course I took my mums advice and have ended up today simply buying a new pair of flats...bit of an anti-climax I know but I do love them!
So this led to me thinking, does fashion go deeper than simply liking the way something looks? Do we buy things because we think we should or do we really want them? How many times have you looked in your wardrobe and thought "Why on earth did I buy that?" and when you really  think about it did you only buy it because Vogue said you should or because somebody tweeted that it was the new in thing? 
I believe that fashion is more than fashion, it's more than shopping and more than buying what magazines tell you to buy. Fashion is about feeling and we love that feeling!
xoxo

x

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Seth Cohen was my first love

Next festive competition

Bits 'n' Bobs