Beauty in a jar

Every girl wants clear skin, healthy hair, a nice figure and everything else right? Well luckily for me one of my best friends spends a lot of time in the company of make up artists due to her job. A few weeks ago she told me about a sneaky little secret that the make up artists have. She noticed them putting something in their green tea, on their faces and in their food. When she asked them what it was it turned out to be coconut oil.

When I looked on the internet and read the benefits of coconut oil, I ran straight to my local health food store and stocked up. For £4.39 I got a jar of hard coconut oil. As the oil is raw, it contains no chemicals or colourants, instead it is created as a hard (lard like) substance that can be melted down or used hard for numerous different things.

1. For your hair - Although I have short hair it is bleached and can get quite dry. By melting down the oil for a few seconds in the microwave you can create the perfect hair mask. The oil promotes hair growth and left my hair really shiny and healthy after being on holiday. I chose to leave the oil on all night but you can use it for a few hours and wash it off. It does make your hair slightly greasy but shampooing twice will sort that out.

2. For your skin - Coconut oil can be used on your skin with a 100% guarantee of no side effects. Not only does coconut oil moisturise dry skin it is also used as an acne treatment as it kills infection. It is also a known anti-aging product and is actually used in a lot of heavily chemical based products. Oil in it's raw form however is much more delicate and healthy for your skin. This for me has been one of the most obvious effects of the oil as it cleared up my blemished skin.

3. For your weight - Although coconut oil is EXTREMELY high in calories, the fatty acids help to break down excessive weight. It is easy to digest and therefore prevents bloating. Miracle or what hey?

For me the discovery of this has been a god send. I recommend coconut oil to everybody. One tea spoon in a cup of green tea, used instead of olive oil in cooking or applied to the skin, this oil will change your life.



xoxo

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Seth Cohen was my first love

Next festive competition

Money vs Style