10 things not to say to a single twenty something...
Nowadays if you get over the age of 18 and you're don't have either an engagement ring, a baby or a coupled up Facebook relationship status you seem to be deemed as an undateable. Never do you hear someone congratulate a single girl for being able to stand on her own two feet and be a confident singleton.
Me and my best friend are part of this single collective and daily we come across people who approach us with some of the worst things you can say to a single girl.
So take note.
1. "How can you be single?"
Yes we may write blogs about it but we don't write lists of possible explanations.
2. "There must be something wrong with you though?"
Seriously. We don't know.
3. "Maybe you're just too picky?"
Or maybe,just maybe there isn't anyone that is quite up to scratch?
4. "Urgh I wish I was single though...you're so lucky"
Dump him then. To any single girl, girls in relationships make it sound like having a boyfriend is like having a prison sentence and lets be honest, you don't think we're lucky when Valentines day comes round.
5. "They always come along when you stop looking"
But looking is so much fun and you can look oh so chic doing it!
6. "You just need to go out more"
Sometimes 'Going out" isn't the best way to be appealing to the opposite sex.
7. "Don't you want to get married?"
8. "Maybe you just expect too much?"
9. "Do you not have Tinder?"
Get it for a week, get a few likes then get freaked out when a guy actually speaks to you because you're not sure if he's really the Brad Pitt lookalike on his pictures or a chubby 40 year old living with his mother.
10. "Don't worry it'll happen one day"
Oh don't worry about that darling. "Whatever I choose will be fabulous because I'm fabulous"