Passion for Fashion!!

Ok so I was lucky enough today to receive an email to enter a competition for money super market to style some outfits using my favorite online retailers. The aim was to create five different Autumn/Winter looks that I thought would suit the given titles all for under £200. These were party, casual, outdoors, first date and office. At the end of the competition there will be one winner for each category who will win £200 to buy their winning outfit, the overall winner will get £1000 to buy each outfit and an I-pad! How cool hey?! So here are my outfits! My selections have come from my most loved online retailers, Missguided, Glamorous UK, Asos, Very and Lavish Alice. Check out the competition here http://www.moneysupermarket.com/home-insurance/passion-for-fashion/ .

Party

This look I aimed to create a classy but chic party look. As the seasons are focused on Autumn/Winter I knew that bare legs needed to be contrasted with a higher neck and blazer. (For temperature reasons) For this outfit I chose various retailers.
Dress - Glamorousuk.com £30.99
Shoes - Nelly.com £19.95 (BARGAIN!)
Blazer - Glamorousuk.com £35.99
Clutch - Asos.com £18 
Ring - Asos.com £8 
Bracelets - Asos.com £12  
Total cost - £124.93

Casual


For my casual look I knew straight away that I wanted to incorporate my favorite item of this season. The boyfriend jeans! Teamed with a simple t-shirt, loafers and the all important parka you cannot go wrong with this! 

Jeans - Asos.com £32
T-shirt - missguided.co.uk £12.99 
Parka - boohoo.com £25 
Loafers - Asos.com £21 
Bag - Asos.com £28 
Ring - Missguided.co.uk £5.99
Total cost - £124,98

Outdoors

The outdoors look I have created is for the very style conscious. This is all about fashionable practicality. Yes you may be outdoors but you can still be on trend.

Wellies - boohoo.com £15
Jeans - boohoo.com £20
Jumper - £22
Coat - Missguided.co.uk £45.99
Socks - asos.com £4
Bag - asos.com £40
Total Cost - £146.99

First Date
First date look was a tricky one for me as I always tend to dress how I feel and not really to impress. (Sad but true because I've never really been taken on a proper first date) So I chose something stylish and classy because of course girls you need to keep it classy! This look is still fun and flirty but also nice and comfortable. 

Dress- very.co.uk £39
Boots - asos.com £38
Tights- asos.com £12
Jacket - asos.com £50
Clutch bag - nelly.com £24.95
Earrings - asos.com £6
Total  Cost- £169.95

Office
And finally the office look. I also LOVE this look. I am a huge fan of loafers and the fitted trousers. Gone are the days of office wear having to be simple suits. So here I have chose to welcome the simple but stylish shirt and trouser combination with a twist. Including the studded loafers and chanel replica bag.

Trousers - asos.com £35
Blouse - asos.com £35
Bag - asos.com £16
Shoes - missguided.co.uk - £22.99
Linked bracelet - lavishalice.com £14
Bangle - nelly.com £9.95
Total - £116.94

I was AMAZED at how cheap these outfits worked out, this is however not as cheap as they could be.
Just a few little tips!
Asos - 10% student discount AND free delivery
Nelly.com - Free delivery on all UK orders and soon to become student discount-able!
Missguided - 10% student discount, numerous free delivery offers!
Boohoo - 10% Student discount
Very - Free delivery offers
Lavishalice - 10% off when you 'like' on Facebook, Free standard delivery on orders over £40 and free next day delivery on orders over £80!

*None of the prices above include these discounts, around £20 could be saved from each outfit by applying student discount.




xoxo


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

An Education on Fashion

Bits 'n' Bobs

A lot of Flack for Style